Friday, August 13, 2010

All to ourselves

N 53 45.125, W 130 21.566
Spicer Inlet, Spicer Island

Last night in the middle of the night, I went up in the cockpit and looked at the stars. It was a bright clear night, with no clouds. I thought I saw some shooting stars as well. There are so many more stars to see when you are away from the lights of civilization.

This morning as we were preparing to leave we heard the Canadian ferry blowing its horn periodically. After living on Puget Sound, you immediately think that there is traffic and the ferry is sending a warning. We left the anchorage and saw a layer of fog where the ferry had gone. It was sending a warning that I am coming, please get out of my way because if you are not on radar, I can not see you, and if you are on radar, I can not stop. Tonnage rules.

We are all alone at this anchorage. In the distance we can see out to Hecate Straits. The anchorage is similar to Prideaux Haven in Desolation Sound.

We will check the gribs tonight and decide whether to leave tomorrow or Sunday for Queen Charlotte City.

ps, We have just passed the 1000 nautical mile mark since leaving Seattle on June 24.

No worries
SV Windarra

No comments:

Post a Comment