Sunday, February 18, 2018

Rich Jablonski 1946 - 2018

It is with a heavy heart I tell you that Rich passed away on Monday, Feb 5.

On January 28, Rich as so tired from not being able to sleep or catch his breath that we went to the hospital knowing that it might be a one way trip. 

Rich was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis in January 2017. In September 2017, Pulmonary Hypertension was included. His breathlessness had been increasing despite the fact that his IPF was stable. January 23, he was diagnosed with Eisenmenger’s Syndrome, a congenital condition. The doctors looked at repairing the shunt but the risk that his heart would not survive due to the pulmonary hypertension did not justify the procedure.

Over the weekend Jesse, Rae and grandson Leo arrived to join Sarah and myself at his bedside. Leo was certainly the light in Rich’s life. On Monday, 2/5, he decided to start hospice. They started the morphine injections at 6pm and he was gone at 9:34pm. All too swiftly for me, but I suppose it was best.

I still can’t believe he is gone.

I am so glad we went cruising when we did and were able to go the many places including around the Horn of which Rich was so proud.

A copy of his obituary is posted online at https://www.elementalnw.com/obituaries/richard-joseph-jablonski/13/

Elaine, Jesse and Sarah will be hosting a celebration of Richard Jablonski’s life on Sunday, May 6, 2018 from 2pm to 5pm at the Corinthian Yacht Club, 7755 Seaview Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117.

Please pass on to someone I may have missed.

Your RSVP would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved husband Rich. The world is a smaller place without him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also so sorry to hear of Rich's passing. I have read your blog for many years and so enjoyed hearing about the adventures your family had together. Thank you for sharing them with all of us. <3

    ReplyDelete