Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Puerto Escondido

43 36.746'S, 072 53.400'W

Last night we were awakened at 2:30 am by the Chilean Armada calling on Rich's iphone. I think they wanted to know where we were even though I had sent an email earlier in the evening with our location information. I also think it was a slow night for the fellow on the night shift and I made his evening more interesting. Hopefully I was able to convey that we were safe at anchor and that we would not be at Puerto Montt until April, a month away. He gave me a phone number to call but we are in the land of 'no signal' so they will have to do with my emails.

This morning we left Estero Huildad and crossed the Golfo Corcovado to the mainland and Bahia Tictoc. The tide was flooding for most of the day so we had a rolly, bouncy ride across the gulf, with little wind at least per the yarn on the stanchions. In the afternoon I think we bounced the boat enough that the wind instruments started working again. We are both skeptical but we will see if it continues.

As we entered the bay I saw a whale surface and dive about a boat length and a half in front of us. I called to Rich as he was below but he missed it. Sorry, no pictures.

Now we are anchored in a small bay inland of Bahia Tictoc. It is so quiet, your ears search for sounds. We are the only ones here. It feels special. We might stay here a bit.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment