Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 2 to Isla Chiloe

42 07.265'S, 73 28.318'W
Estero Tubildad

Who won?

Last night my watch was from 9 pm - midnight and 3 am - 6 am. Since we were relatively close to shore and we had cell reception on our phone earlier I was hoping to check on the Super Bowl during my watch as we are two hours later than east coast time. I waited until 9:30 pm figuring an hour into the game should have some score.

But wait.... instead I got the dreaded 'No Service' on the cell phone. Arrgghhh! Were we the only Washington residents in the world that did not know the score?

Sigh, I waited until just before the end of my first watch to check again. No joy, still no service.

Rich came on watch and I tried to get some sleep in between rain showers and the sudden rocking and rolling of the boat due to the cross seas.

At 3 am I tried again. Joy!, Cell reception, I saw we had an email from Rae, YES THE SEAHAWKS HAD WON! I quickly checked Google News and verified the score, and woke Rich up to give him the news. We must be the last people to find out but it was worth it.

This morning we anchored near the entrance to Canal Chacoa to wait for slack tide and the start of the flood before entering the channel at 11:30 am. At times our boat speed was 5.4 knots but our speed over the ground was 13.8 knots! It was like speeding down a freeway.

We have finally entered the Chilean canals and we look forward to doing some exploring.
Now we are anchored in Estero Tubildad, in between fish and mussel farms. We are both looking forward to a peaceful night's sleep.

Looking across mussel farm at the hillside

More exploring to come.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment