Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rally to Restore Sanity - San Francisco


Rich and I just got back from downtown San Francisco. We took the BART in from Oakland and walked to the Civic Center Plaza to attend the Rally to Restore Sanity - San Francisco. We each got a t-shirt, stood in the light rain, watching the people, reading their signs and watching the videocast from Washington, DC on the jumbotron. It was great. There were people from all ages, all walks of life, all different backgrounds. It was hard for me to guess the number of people attending. I would say upwards from 300. I think that some of the attendees remember marches from the 60's, vaguely and in a haze. Quite a few must not be old enough to remember Father Guido Sarducci, since it was the 2nd most popular search on Google today. I saw Jusef, aka Cat Stevens, in concert in Seattle, many, many years ago when I was in college. Now I have the tune, "Love Train", going through my head. Ouch!

Here are some pictures:

Who are these people?


The wisdom of the Dude abides

Afterwards we went down to the Embarcadero and had lunch at the Ferry terminal which is a farmer's market on Saturdays. It was delicious after standing in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment